Monday, November 2, 2009

If Only...

It's crowded in the cafe,
He's sitting across from me,
Holding my hands and
Telling my about his day.
I'm nodding my head,
Trying hard to concentrate,
The crowd is getting hazy,
I can only see his face.
And if only he knew what I was thinkin',
He'd know that,
His eyes hold a powerful magic over me,
When he talks his voice just mesmerizes me,
When he holds my hands I feel like I'm home,
And when he smiles, he leaves me breathless,
With tears in my eyes,
And if I could only tell him,
I never wanna lose him,
If only I could find the words to say...
If only...
He's asking me something now,
He's waving his hands,
Trying to get my attention.
I realize he's stopped talkin',
And I am still starin',
He's asking me whats wrong,
All I can do is blush and say nothin'.
If only he knew what I was thinkin',
He'd know that,
His presence makes me forget everything else on my mind,
When he's around everyone else just fade into the background,
Just seein' his name on my cell phone is enough to brighten my day,
And if only I could tell him,
I'd do anything for him,
If only I could find the words to say...
If only...
"Come back down to earth" he says'
"You've had your head in the clouds all day"
And I'm thinkin',
Oh, If only you knew,
You mean more to me than all this world can offer,
You turn my world upside down when you hold me in your arms,
You drive me to the edge of sanity, and I don't really mind the fall,
And if I could only tell you,
Just how much I love you,
If I could only find the words to say...
If only...



1 comment:

  1. Bravo Jen...as with the others I would love to hear you sing this. It is amazing & is pleasing to see how you keep improving with every song. Keep it up Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete