Monday, November 2, 2009

Because of you / The reasons why

I never thought I'd see you again,
I was fine, I'd moved on,
But here you are,
Standing right in front of me.
You're talking and smiling,
Playing with my hair,
You're charms, they don't work anymore,
I see you for who you are now.
All the emotions I'd buried,
All the pain and lies,
Everthing I'd tried to forget,
I'm starting to remember now.

The reasons why I left you,
The reasons why I wanna run and hide,
The reasons why I cried so many nights,
The reasons why I ran away from myself,
The reasons why I never wanted to trust another man,
The reasons why I never wanted to love,
All the reasons why I locked my heart up
...and threw the key away.

You're trying to hold my hands again,
Just like old times, you tell me,
But I just wanna pull away.

You say that I look beautiful,
You say you want to start over,
But this time I won't falter.

All the tears I'd controlled,
All the hurt I'd kept down,
Everything I thought was gone,
I'm starting to feel again.

The reasons why I'm standin' in the cold,
The reasons why the tears won't stop falling,
The reasons why I hated your touch,
The reaons why I hate looking in the mirror,
The reasons why I can't get close to anyone,
The reasons why I feel lost and alone,
All the reasons why I locked my heart up
... and threw the key away.

I was hiding from myself,
But he found me, he restored me,
And I appreciate him more now,
Because of you...

Now the darkness is surrounding me,
And I think there's no escape,
But then I hear his voice pull me back,
And I remember all the reasons why,

The reasons why I opened up again,
The reasons why I trusted again,
The reasons why I believe in all that is good and true,
The reasons why I love his touch,
The reasons why I love him so much,
The reasons I feel so happy and complete,
The reasons why I go to bed with a smile,
The reasons why he means so much to me,
The reasons why I never wanna lose him,
...and it's all because of you.

1 comment:

  1. Rancorous emotions storming at the start and the clearing of the storm with the first rays of light piercing the dark clouds as a sign of hope towards the end.....It is beautiful Jen :). Excellent as usual :D

    ReplyDelete